It’s known as Florida’s Forgotten Coast for a reason: Miles of pristine white sandy beaches and clear blue ocean water, without the crowds! Sound relaxing?
Cape San Blas is a peninsula off the Florida panhandle, jetting out into the scenic Gulf of Mexico. With miles of uncrowded dog-friendly beaches and beautiful state parks, this 20-mile long cape is the perfect escape for couples, families, friends, and pets! Cape San Blas is unique: on one side is the Gulf of Mexico with gorgeous beaches, and on the other side is St. Joseph Bay, a wildlife refuge and snorkeler’s dream!
There are plenty of things to do, from spending time on the gorgeous beaches and watching vibrant sunsets, to enjoying water sports in St. Joseph Bay and trying out the local seafood.
During your visit to the cape, here are some things you can enjoy:
- Relax on miles of uncrowded white sand beaches
- Sail, body board, and swim in the gulf
- Snorkel, stand-up paddle board, kayak, and go boating in St. Joseph Bay
- Ocean and bay fishing and scalloping (you’ll need a fishing license)
- Eat at one of the many local restaurants with fresh Florida seafood
- Visit T.H. Stone Memorial St. Joseph Peninsula State Park
- Go hiking, shelling, or snorkeling in the park
- Visit the Cape San Blas lighthouse
- Walk or bike on the multi-use paved trails along the cape
- Enjoy the Monarch butterfly migration during the Fall
- Spot wildlife like dolphins, birds, and deer
You won’t find any hotels on the cape, and very few condos are available. Your best bet for staying on Cape San Blas is a townhouse or single-family home rental. Renting a single-family home can be prohibitively expensive, with prices for a week-long stay costing up to several thousand, and most book up months in advance. But don’t worry, there’s a much more reasonably priced option for accommodation on the cape: a townhouse!
With a townhouse rental, you get access to the same beautiful beaches and picturesque sunsets, and for a much lower price! One of the most sought after townhouse communities on the cape is Barrier Dunes, a private gated neighborhood with a swimming pool, tennis courts, beach access, and gazebo, along with beautiful gardens and ponds, all right next to the state park!
Stepped on a Pop-Tart is a townhouse in the Barrier Dunes community, with beach and ocean views, only a few steps away from the white sand beaches! For more information on this rental, visit the information page.